CNBC-TV18 in conversation with Michael Sonnenshein
The Crypto sector has received support from heavyweight companies like Tesla, Master Card, Paypal, Visa, and many more off-late. This has definitely contributed to the surge in the prices of Crypto assets. With the demand and price graph increasing exponentially, lawmakers are already in conversation to decide the standing of digital currencies.
In this period where everyone wants to join the Crypto race, investors need to understand the fundamentals that are backing digital currencies. In episode six of ’Digital Assets Of The Future – Crypto’, Michael Sonnenshein has pointed out how important it is to understand the basics first!
In this episode, you can get answers to questions like:
- What difference did 2020 make to the Crypto landscape?
- How does Grayscale – the largest digital currency asset management company in the world, function?
- To satisfy the high demand, are there enough Crypto instruments floating in the market?
- For a first-timer, what is the best way to enter the Crypto market?
- How are regulators (worldwide) accepting the concept of Crypto? Which Country has been open about encouraging Crypto?
- What could be the possible timeline for the Crypto market to get regulated?
- How does 2021 look for the Crypto space?
- Does the Indian audience have the appetite to explore the other facets of the Crypto market?
- Can Crypto assets be considered as inflation hedge assets?
- How soon can we expect stability in the Crypto market?
- While creating a diversified portfolio for investments, what percentage can be allotted to Crypto-assets?
- How can investors decide on which Crypto asset is better?
Today the crypto space is seeing phenomenal growth. Several corporates and institutions have expressed their interest in Crypto assets, and some have even added Bitcoins to their balance sheet. We see new products getting launched frequently. New investors and enthusiasts are joining the race. In this rush, it’s important to remember that there is still room for growth, and the proper infrastructure is and has to be built around the Crypto class.
However, India is way ahead of many countries in terms of digital payments. This can give Indians leverage over the others to explore the potential of Crypto assets/digital currencies.
Pro tip: Crypto should be looked at as a brand new asset class. It’s a new technology. Do not invest more than what you can afford to lose. Investors have to be prepared to deal with the volatility and should have a good risk appetite. Small allocations are advisable for freshers.Disclaimer: Cryptocurrency is not a legal tender and is currently unregulated. Kindly ensure that you undertake sufficient risk assessment when trading cryptocurrencies as they are often subject to high price volatility. The information provided in this section doesn't represent any investment advice or WazirX's official position. WazirX reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change this blog post at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.